2013-06-21

Day 0: Turku - (Helsinki) - Tallinn


A new year and a new tour. Time to reboot this blog and see if I can do a better job of keeping it updated from now on. One excuse for failing to do so previously would be the fact that I attempted to blog in both Finnish and English all from my phone, while cycle-touring and doing interviews with radio and newspapers.

This time there's just me, my bike and the open road. Speaking of roads, my planned route looks a little something like this.

So far today I've got out of bed way too early, taken the train from Turku to Helsinki and endured Viking XPRS for 2.5h to get to Tallinn. I've also enjoyed a nice cappuccino in Helsinki and an excellent pizza on the outskirts of Tallinn. With regards to cycling, however, today was rather uneventful as I only logged 15km. Traffic in Tallinn wasn't so bad and I mostly encountered friendly drivers who yielded when I needed space. Tomorrow I will start my tour in earnest as I aim to reach Keravere on the west coast where I've been invited to a sauna equipped summer house. Only 95km of Estonian roads separate me from this, the holiest of Midsummer rituals :)


The day in numbers: 15.09 km, 59 min 6 sec, 15.32 km/h avg, 38.0 km/h max.
Tour total: 15.09 km

No comments: